Visit our New Website

We've Moved and gotten a makeover.

www.time2saveworkshops.com





Friday, March 19, 2010

K-Mart Coupon Troubles


Well, what seemed too good to last, was in fact too good to last.  The $10 off $20 Kmart Coupon that appeared yesterday to the great delight of the couponing masses, is being refused at MANY Kmart stores either at the cash register or with signs posted at the entrance.  An email from corporate has been sent out to the stores, advising them NOT to accept the coupon (even though it was posted on Kmart's website).
*Note: Some have reported that it will be honored starting next week?  Ha.  Don't hold your breath.

Sometimes printable coupons are intended for a certain small group of people, but end up available to the general public (How, we don't know) -  then the stores go into panic mode.  We & our sweet, sweet diaper deals get summarily shut down.

Part of me kind of wonders if they don't do this sort of thing on purpose, you know?  Drum up lots of excitement, send people rushing to the stores, and then refuse to accept your coupons.  I guarantee you about half the people who'd planned to use that coupon bought their items anyway, out of convenience, humiliation, or just plain defeat.

If anyone's K-mart IS still accepting this coupon - please leave a comment so we know!

9 comments:

  1. I just called Kmart in Crossville, TN and I was told the $10 coupons was only vaid in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used 2 at the Kmart in Fort O, but was told today was the only day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Used this AM @ Cleveland KMart, but then didn't want to accept both $3. off coupons for 2 pkgs. Huggies. Finally accepted.Catalina was $5. off Enfamil (which I always get @ Food Lion - wish I knew someone who used Enfamil).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent tried, and probably wont bother now. But My mom used hers at the kmart in Manistee, MI. She was told that it was intended for only new york, but they honored it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used mine this AM at the K-Mart in Macon, GA. I detest K-Mart and only went to be able to use this coupon. I bought the stuff for my kids Easter baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also detest K-Mart but was willing to go for the good deal on diapers. It doesn't surprise me that they will no honer the coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looked at the coupon and it does NOT say only valid in NY and when you click the link to get the coupon (from the T2$ link), the page is about Kmart in Chicago. Also, the last line of fine print on the coupon states "Valid at all Kmart store locations." I tend to not shop at Kmart, mainly because the closest one isn't really convenient and my parents have had issues with them in the past. Also, this is bad customer service, they should really post something on their website if they are having problems with people using these coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used 5 of them last night at the kmart in dalton at cleveland hwy. The register screen said coupon not recognized but my cashier typed it in anyways. Don't know if will still work today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. :( Per "Frugalista" on ChicagoNow Kmart has issued another coupon listing specific stores in the Chicago area the coupon is valid at. I'm very glad some of you were able to you the coupon to its stated potential but I can say with certainty that if they continue to act this way they are going to end up on my "walmart list."

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.